“The quality of the pupils’ achievements and learning is excellent”
Independent Schools Inspectorate
Welcome to Appleford School’s website. For over 25 years we have been providing the highest quality teaching for pupils with dyslexia and associated special educational needs such as dyspraxia and dyscalculia. We are a highly successful day, weekly and full boarding dyslexic specialist school for pupils from 7 to 16 set in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside.
At Appleford every child matters and our highly qualified and experienced teachers are committed to ensuring your child gains the confidence to learn and achieve success.
- A whole school approach to dyslexia using research-based multi-sensory programmes and resources
- A full national curriculum leading to GCSE in a range of subjects
- Vocational qualifications including BTEC
- Small classes of 8 to 12 pupils
- High levels of LSA support
- Individual Educational Programmes for all pupils
- Onsite Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists
- Extensive extra-curricular clubs and activities including Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- A full range of Sporting and Outdoor Adventure opportunities
- CReSTeD approved
- Highest quality Boarding facilities run by our professional, caring and experienced Boarding Team
- Traditional values and an ethos based on developing confidence, celebrating success and continuous support
- Consistently awarded the highest possible grades by OFSTED and the Independent Schools Inspectorate
Looking for Dyslexia Schools? Call us on 01980 220012 and arrange a visit to Appleford School – an outstanding dyslexia school in Wiltshire.